Are you a strong, hard worker who pays attention to details? If so, working as a glazier with the Cut Rate Glass team may be the perfect employment for you. We are currently hiring educated and skilled glaziers who have the technical expertise and practical, on-the-job know-how. You will work full-time with other team members and practice job site responsibility to do the work right and treat customers with courtesy and respect. Along the way, you will build social and communication skills with sound work practices, all of which will serve you well in every area of your life.
Our team members enjoy some of the most competitive pay in the Industry (based on qualifications and experience) along with health plans, 401k programs, and vacation time. If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, apply today!
- Residential and commercial glass replacement
- Glass cutting proficiency
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, locks, handles, and other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls using a level.
- Frameless heavy glass, semi-frameless shower glass installation
- Install pre-assembled frameworks for doors and windows before glass panel installation using hand tools
- Cut, put together, measure, or install frames and enclosures for glass panels in various areas and structures, including bathroom, windows, showers, mirrors, mirror walls, sliding glass doors, french door, etc.
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications to know necessary work details, including color, shape, size, type, and thickness of glass to be installed, framing location, procedures for installation, and any scaffolding or other staging items needed before beginning work
- Drive trucks to work sites and unload tools and equipment, and use suction cups or cranes to lift out glass panels
- Cut and remove old and broken glass before installing replacement glass
- Pack loose areas between glass panels and molding or frames with glazing compound, and trim excess material with a glazing knife
- Lift, hold and secure glass panels and mirrors into position with putty, cement, screws, or bolts
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Truck with rack
- Clean DMV driving record
- Know OSHA construction job site requirements
- Know and understand building and construction methods, materials, and tools
- Know and understand mathematics as applicable to the job and job requirements and their practical applications
- Must be willing to cross-train and able to teach others
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective critical thinker
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, call now at 702.292.9977 or contact us to apply today!